Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

olivemac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
Hello, I'm a Graphic Design major. And I've been thinking about buying a new 17' MBP but I have a question concerning Hard Drive.

I've been following the forums and the "clicking and beeping" HDD issue caught my attention. I didn't want to go through all that and so I came to the conclusion of upgrading to SSD.

My question is if any of you know the make and model of the 128gb/256gb SSD.
And if any of you have bought the a SSD through Apple and have experienced any problems with it?

My major is Graphic Design and so I'm going to be using a lot of PS AI and InDesign. Will the SSD have any complications in using these programs?

Thanks in advance.

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
I've got a 17" MBP with a non-standard Intel SSD at 80gb so this is really just a partial answer. I do a lot of Final Cut and photoshop on it and it's wonderful - quick start-up and very responsive.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
i do have a 128GB corsair SSD inside my 17" MBP. it's really great, and i use AI and PS alot, working with 3000px images and it's just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.