Question On Aperture 3

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by rollsman44, Mar 23, 2012.

1. rollsman44 macrumors newbie

I just purchased AP 3 and I mistakingly imported folders on my desktop into AP 3. Is there any way to get them out of AP 3? Thanks, rollsman

----------

I just purchased it and an IMAC. I am trying to do retouching on portraits etc and have tried Apple tutorials but I stil have difficulty learning it. Is there a DVD or website that I can learn it ( Simple way?) Thank you, rollsman

2. Zaqfalcon macrumors 6502

First you need to understand the difference between Managed and Referenced Master so read this: http://aperture.maccreate.com/2010/01/12/tip-0-referenced-vs-managed-files/

Basically Managed Masters means your photos are stored inside the Aperture Library and are therefore only accessible through Aperture. Referenced Masters are stored outside of the Library and referred to by Aperture but are still accessible from outside, by Finder for example, and can even be put on external drive if you want.

I'm assuming your library is managed and has therefore sucked the photos you're talking about into the library? To get them out you can use File > Relocate Masters to make them Referenced and put the masters where you want them.