Question on App for Wifi and Blue Tooth

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by pdqgp, Jul 29, 2010.

1. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I'd love for my phone to have two small hard switches like the volume button to help control BlueTooth and Wifi. Getting in and out of my car at work, it's a PIA to have to go into the menus to turn them on and off.

Does anyone know if there's an app that will allow for a simple touch of it's Icon that would toggle each on and off ? It would be nice to have one that could control both and give you an option to control them together or independently.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The SDK does not provide any way to do this. It is possible to write an app for jailbroken phones that uses private methods.

3. pdqgp thread starter macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I would think that while Apple is testing these phones, especially for four generations now, that they would come up with some type of convenient for these things. I can't be the only one asking for this.

Come on Apple, give my phone the ability/option to be configured so that when I leave my preferred wifi spots, that it turns off. Same with Blue Tooth.

4. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

No. I've you'd done a search before posting (as you are meant to) then you'd have seen this exact thread gets posted very frequently.