Question on Apple 5C

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mirasango, Feb 28, 2014.

1. mirasango macrumors newbie

mirasango

Hi

I have an ipad, itouch, ipod.. and an apple tv that I just got last week. My phone just died today so I have to get a new one. I always had android phones but looking at a 5C in blue to replace this one.

I've never had an iphone before so can I ask:

Are they as easy to use as an ipad? Are they compatible with Apple TV? And is the 5C a good model? Do they work with itunes? Do they use the same charger as an ipad?

Thanks!

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

Are you asking about the charger or more specifically, the connector?

3. cynics macrumors G3

Aside from gestures it's near identical to an iPad.

You can AirPlay and use the remote app for ATV.

It's essentially the iPhone 5 in a plastic housing.

They work just like any other iOS device with iTunes.

They use the lightning connector for syncing and charging. So if you have an iPad 4 or higher it's the same cable. They actual chargers can be used on all iOS devices.

If that's all you really care about it will be a good phone for you.

4. njsapple2012 macrumors member

Whilst the iPhone 5C is an iPhone 5 in plastic housing (bar a few hardware tweaks) you won't look back.

Remember how intuitive Nokia were back in the 1990s/early 2000s? iPhones are exactly the same; in fact whenever I use another mobile phone OS I get lost because I roughly know where everything is under iOS.

5. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

If you can afford it, I'd seriously spring for a 5S instead of the 5C. You'd definitely get much more bang for your buck with a 5s than a 5c - fingerprint reader (Touch ID), faster M7 processor, etc.