Question On Apple USA Pricing!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bazzy, May 25, 2012.

1. Bazzy macrumors regular

Hi All,

I am UK based & looking to get a iPad 3 when my sister visits the NY/NJ areas. I noticed the prices on Apple USA website do not add any sales tax at the order total stage so the list price & shipping price remain the same. Is this true when purchasing at say an Apple store, Best Buy etc or will they then add sales tax on top of their own online price?

I noticed Amazon USA iPad prices are even more expensive than that of Apple - I thought Amazon was always competitively priced?

Many Thanks!

Bazzy!

2. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

You will pay the local sales tax wherever you buy the iPad. Amazon is not an authorized iPad reseller. The ones advertised on there come from third party sellers, hence the increased prices.

3. Bazzy thread starter macrumors regular

Hi,

My error - it seems that Apple does indeed add sales tax to online orders unless one lives in a State that does not charge tax! I also just assumed Amazon was authorised to sell Apple as so many in the USA buy their Apple stuff from them & they seem very popular, reliable & highly recommended!

Bazzy!

4. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Amazon is an authorized retailer for macs and iPods just not iPads

5. Bazzy thread starter macrumors regular

Hi,

Wow, did not know that & doubt most purchasers would either - seems very odd - many thanks for letting me know!

Bazzy!