Question on Apple Watch Achievement Badgess

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dealsalaku, Apr 3, 2017.

1. dealsalaku macrumors newbie

Hello All,
    Newbie apple watch Series 1 owner. Been using it little over a week now. Love it. I have a question on getting workout achievements. Is this tied only to the built in workout app only? If I use a third party app like Nike+ RunClub or Runtastic or Runkeeper will I still get the achievement badges? I primary use Nike+ during my indoor or outdoor runs. I have accumulated more than 6100 miles using this app over a period and I don't want to give it up for Achievement badges. I don't want to manually enter my run stats on to the Nike app either. Wondering if i am missing any setting. For the time being I am launching both built-in work out app and Nike+ app during my runs so that I get both. Any advice?

I searched the forum little bit but could not find something similar. Anyone? TIA.

2. ftaok, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017

ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

As long as you allow the Nike app to have to have right access to your health app and activity app, you'll get credit for the exercise minutes and the move calories.

Keep in mind, the special badges for Thanksgiving was a total cluster as you'll needed to do a 5k in the activity app. But the wording implied that a 5k from a third party app was ok. It wasn't and lots of people missed out on the turkey badge.

EDIT - I've attached a screen shot showing last Thanksgiving. Little bit of a brag too. ;)As you can see, the Nike stats get added in.

IMG_8810.PNG

3. dealsalaku thread starter macrumors newbie

Great. I will try a few runs just with Nike app and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

4. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I got the turkey 5k badge last year by using ismoothrun. What's annoying is that I actually did 10K not 5K

5. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Did you get it right away, or a few days later.

I remember the forum thread where people were doing 5K's using Nike or other apps, but not getting the badge afterwards. Folks were saying that Apple told them that they'd get them eventually. Others were saying that they got it right away if they used Apple Workout.

I waited until 10pm or so and didn't get my badge. So I jumped on the treadmill to walk a 5k just to get that stinking badge.

Ended up being my all time highest Move day.

6. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

actually, I don't know. I just know that I have the 5k one despite doing 10k. Maybe that's why..cos they had to retrospectively award it and made a mess of it.