Question on applying both an Invisible Shield and a case.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Magnetiik, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Magnetiik macrumors newbie

Hello, first time poster here.

I'm purchasing an iPod Touch relatively soon as well the iClear case. However, I have also heard wonderful things about Zagg's invisible shield. My question is, should I buy both? Will putting on both a case and an invisible shield give the best protection? Money is not an issue; I want the absolute best protection for my future iPod Touch.

Thanks for helping!

2. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Invisible shields are terrible buy a best skins ever. they will fit fine with the iClear.

3. Magnetiik thread starter macrumors newbie

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I am a loyal Invisible Shield customer. I have always had my shields replaced with no hassle, and every time one has been installed either by myself or by the people at the kiosk it has turned out excellent. I highly recommend them. I love their warranty. :D

P.S. The iclear case probably won't fit on the ipod after installing the shield. If you want to protect it from drops you can put a silicone case over the top and they work great for drops. That's what I do.

5. Magnetiik thread starter macrumors newbie

Really? The iClear won't fit over the invisible shield and iTouch? I find this hard to believe.

6. ChristopheJD macrumors regular

For the best protection, cases tend to fit snugly on stuff. It might not have too much effect on a silicone case, as it doesn't "snap" on. iClear's have to "snap" on two parts, I believe. I am currently thinking of buying an iSkin case, as they offer port protection as well. I don't really like the design this time around. But it offers antimicrobial protection and port protection, which are big pluses for me.

http://www.iskin.com/touchduo/

7. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I have a protector on mine(not an invisible shield) and it is a glossy made by green onions( they have a website).
    I also have a Body Glove case on it that is excellent. Can remove the clip which can be a belt clip or a stand and just have it in the case. Together they work great for me. I hate those silicon cases.

I have my iPhone in a leather case made by Speck with a screen protector on it (same kind)

8. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

Not true.

The Invisible Shield is an excellent product.

9. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Not in my experience i bought one dor my DS Lite and it picked every bit of lint up and showed it once on the DS. My BSE never did that.