Question on AT&T Stores

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Krayzie116, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Krayzie116 macrumors 6502

Hey Macrumors friends. I don't know if this is the right place to really post this. I have a question about the AT&T stores. I live about an hour from the store that is closest to me. The question I am asking, do AT&T Store hold phones particularly iPhones for like a day or two. I know I should call but the store don't open in like 2hrs. I just wanted ask if somebody that all ready tried with the iPhone 3GS came out if they ask the AT&T store if they could hold one for them.

The reason I'm asking is I didn't know how it is when the first release of the iPhone 3GS was, I didn't get my iPhone 3GS couple of month when it was released so they had plenty in stock.

Thanks for the help and mods if this is the right place you can delete it :)

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

we will find out monday when the pre ordering will begin. since you live an hour away i recommend ordering the phone to your house. if you choose to order for local pickup, then yes you can have it on hold. i waited in line for the 3g, and ordered my 3gs to my house. getting it shipped is much better imo

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

If you pre-order, AT&T holds a phone for you.

Apple store does for one day, then they release it.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

AFAIK, Apple stores hold the phone for 1 day, AT&T will hold it for much longer.

5. Krayzie116 thread starter macrumors 6502

so how do you pre-order at the at&t store just call them once Steve Jobs announce when it is released? I never pre-order from AT&T we just switch over in Aug. of last year.

6. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

7. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

You can preorder it online through AT&T or you can go to a store and preorder it just as you would through Apple.

8. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

why not just have it delivered to your home or office??? why would you drive an hour to and from to get something you can have delivered right to your hands for no charge.

9. Krayzie116 thread starter macrumors 6502

One last question I think lol, I can't just call them and pre-order over the phone. I hate to drive up to AT&T cause I live about hour from them.

10. Krayzie116 thread starter macrumors 6502

Doesn't it use some different sim card for it

11. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

what do you mean? the iphones come with a sim card. if you are porting your number and you preorder you want to do that after you have phone in hand. they will assign you a temp number when they ship it and then when you have phone in hand you just call up att with your number you want to port and they will take care of it over the phone.

12. bmms8 macrumors 68020

your new phone will have a new sim that will be used for your number. it will already have your information on it, and yes it uses a micro sim

13. Krayzie116 thread starter macrumors 6502

does it come with the new micro-sim card?

plus with my iphone 3gs i'm giving it to my mom all we need to do is take her sim card and put it into the 3gs and call AT&T to put $15 for the data right?

14. sms0217ny macrumors regular

Last year I didn't opt for pre-order and was able to snag one with minimal line time on launch day at a ATT store, but I'm guessing pre-order is the way to go since all signs point towards a more significant hardware upgrade than the 3GS.

Question for the folks who pre-ordered thru ATT with home delivery, did the handset arrive on launch day? Also since ATT gives you a new sim for the new device (esp this time with the micro sim rumors) did the sim come shipped with the phone or did you have to go into/call an ATT store to complete the setup of the new phone?

Thanks!

15. bmms8 macrumors 68020

it does get delivered on launch day. and the phone comes pre loaded with a new sim. good luck.

16. Krayzie116 thread starter macrumors 6502

I got a question do you have to pre-order in store or can you call the at&t store and pre-order there? last question I hope :) thanks for your guys time and help by the way

17. sms0217ny macrumors regular

Great thanks!

18. bmms8 macrumors 68020

im not exactly to sure, but to my understanding you can order online through the apple store and select your ATT location? but i might be wrong.

if you are going to give your 3gs to a family member, i highly recommend getting the phone shipped to you. your number will be loaded on new sim. all you have to do is take your family members sim and pop it in your 3gs. good luck

19. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

they did change the sim cards but your numbers should be backed up on your comp so once you sync it up everything should go over to your new phone. As far as the other phone yes you should be able to just call them and add the data plan.

20. Krayzie116 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks guys really appreciate it

21. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Bump. I'd like to know how this works too. Can you order online thru the apple store and pick a AT&T for local pickup? Or do you order through AT&T and pickup at a local AT&T store? Or is neither of these a option?

22. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I believe you order at apple to go to apple, and AT&T to go to an AT&T store.

23. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Hey guys, I have a question, I'm currently on a family plan on Verizon(4 people), my brother and I want to switch to AT&T to get the new iPhone but we want unlimited data not 250mb or 2gb,so what are my best options right now to get the iPhone 4G with unlimited data? Thanks in advance

24. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Unrelated to this post - how about not hijacking this thread and reading past the first three posts of this forum?

25. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Wow why are you so mad that I posted here, I actually did read the whole thread, I just didn't want to start a new topic on a question that have probebly been asked before, thanks for the help BRO.