Question on Att and jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jay5ive, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Jay5ive macrumors newbie

Hey everyone first time posting because I had a question on something. I know ATT's stance on jailbreak tethering but what about jailbreaking in general? I was in the store today trying to get my upgrade moved up to now and in doing so I said my phone was acting weird. The guy asked to see it and without thinking I gave it to him, after about 5 seconds he noticed it was jailbroken and he gave it back after saying that. He didn't say anything bad at the time but is there anything bad that could come from this? Like changing my plan or something like that?

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

No they just aren't allowed to help you with a jailbroken phone-probably Apple's decision. They couldn't care less though as long as you aren't tethering.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Your phone was jb when you took it in? Do you not know about apple's policy on jb phones? :rolleyes:

4. Jay5ive thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it was jaibroke but it was at an att store and like I said the last thing I ever thought was he would ask to see the phone so I didn't really think about it.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

Att doesn't really help you jb or not. they will replace the sim but other then that send you to Apple. Either way if you want someone to look at it you have to unjailbreak it. And no ATT can not change your plan to punish you. most att reps I ran across could care less about jb.