Question on Back to School Deal

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iNewbie, Sep 1, 2015.

1. iNewbie macrumors regular

I know the Back to School deal is only for College level people. But in the past I've gone to the store and really without even trying they've always just given me the deal anyway if I'm buying a new mac. Again - not trying to cheat... but It was never really an effort.

My wife tried to buy 2 Macbook Pros today for our highschool kids and they required an ID. So we bailed for the moment.

Is something different going on that they're checking more closely at the store? Do they check on the website? I'm just a little surprised at this based on my prior experiences.

Thanks!

2. s0nicpr0s macrumors regular

s0nicpr0s

I'm wondering if it could do with buying 2 at once. I've never ended up purchasing a machine with the Back to School deal being active, but the few times where I've asked for the student discount I don't have any issues. Might help that I was late teens to early twenties every time we've purchased a mac.

They don't check on the online store, you just need to be sure to go to the Education Store link at the bottom of the page.