Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lakusta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
Okay,
So when I try to run Diablo 2 on my MacBook it automatically closes saying that there is an error. Nothing about the game pops up, it all installs fine so here's my question...

If I install Windows XP or Vista onto my Macbook via Bootcamp, will Diablo 2 work? Someone said it has something to do with the graphics card, but I want to know if anyone out there has tried this and it ended up working just fine.
I'd really like to play D2 on this badboy! It's a powerhouse!

Thanks everyone!

waiwai

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2009
Florida
download the official mac native installer from blizzard. also if ur running on a legit key, u can download the game from the site as well (just need to enter cd-key).

there was an incompatibility with D2 on the mac. The OpenGL was buggy and flat out didnt work properly. Once they released 1.12 they fixed it. I'm pretty sure thats the reason why you got the error in OS X. If you download / update your game with 1.12 or run it in software mode (the other option aside from OpenGL) for video config, it should work.

yes, it will work in XP and Vista. you won't get any errors there, but id recommend getting the mac installer from the site just so u can stay in OS X instead of switching to bootcamp just to play it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.