Question on buying Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sportsfanMAW, Oct 12, 2007.

1. sportsfanMAW macrumors regular

I have two computers, do i have to buy the Family pack to install in on both? I am a teacher so i get it for $70 bucks and i would rather not pay $200 for both computers...

2. LinuXtreme macrumors regular

LinuXtreme

I think it depends on your usage. Are you the only one who uses those computers (ie. will both of them ever be in use at once)?

I think that would fall under fair use laws, but only if you are the sole user. Anyone?

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You need one license for each computer. Whether you achieve that through a single family pack or two single licenses is up to you...depending on how the cost works out and perhaps whether you plan to, for example, pick up another used Mac that won't have Leopard on it already.

4. sportsfanMAW thread starter macrumors regular

wow so it seems the best way to go at this is to buy two single packs for $140 bucks, assuming that is i don't need to install it on another computer...

5. jbstew32 macrumors regular

if I own 2 Macs that only I use, and I could only / do only use 1 Mac at a time physically, does the license state I need 2 copies of Leopard?

I'm not in this situation. I'm just curious.

6. jbstew32 macrumors regular

Nevermind!

2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
    A. This License allows you to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time. You agree not to install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-labeled computer, or to enable others to do so. This License does not allow the Apple Software to exist on more than one computer at a time, and you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers at the same time. You may make one copy of the Apple Software (excluding the Boot ROM code and other Apple firmware that is embedded or otherwise contained in Apple-labeled hardware) in machine-readable form for backup purposes only; provided that the backup copy must include all copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the original. Apple Boot ROM code and firmware is provided only for use on Apple-labeled hardware and you may not copy, modify or redistribute the Apple Boot ROM code or firmware, or any portions thereof.