Question on clearing text messages

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ttexxan, May 6, 2015.

1. ttexxan macrumors regular

Why when clearing text off phone not clearing on watch. Anyway to quickly clear on watch without it asking twice when swipping delete as well

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Nope! and it bugs the hell out of me. :mad:

3. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

You're probably confusing dismissing the notification with making the text message "read." To actually make it read, you have to view it in the messages app on the phone.

4. ttexxan thread starter macrumors regular

Im wanting a quick way to delete text messages from watch...Dont want to hit trash and then delete again.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I delete text messages all the time like the OP does. On the watch you have to slide right to left, press the trash icon and then wait for another screen that has yet another trash icon.

Would have been nice to have a force touch delete-all option from the messages summary screen.

6. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

I can't say that I've ever actually wanted to delete all of my text messages. I keep them as a repository of past conversations.

7. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

I do this with some texts, maybe it's a marketing text or just a random text to someone and not an actual contact or friend.

It's always been like this even with iPhone/iPad/Mac though, I too wish it would sync up when you delete the conversation.

I think the reason for the second 'Trash' is that you can't undo the action, unlike deleting an email where you can get it out of the Trash etc.?

8. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

Some people obviously have more interesting lives. I've also never felt the need to delete texts. My MIL deletes them all -- suspicions.