Question on downgrading from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AppNut, Jul 20, 2011.

1. AppNut macrumors newbie

So I have downloaded the 4.3.3 and extracted it but when I go to restore Im not seeing any familiar IPSW files or familiar files from any of the vid's to attach once I shift click on restore....Im pulling my hair out, cause the youtube video made it look easy:( Can anyone help me out, I need a iOS for dummies. New to the the MacRumors community. Found myself using it alot so I figured I would join. This site is awesome!

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You would need the SHSH saved for 4.3.3 to downgrade back to it.

3. AppNut thread starter macrumors newbie

Shsh?

How do I get the SHSH? Sorry if Im a nub.:)

4. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

You would have had to have saved it via TinyUmbrella back when Apple was signing the certificate. There's no way to go back now without the SHSH blobs, unfortunately.

5. AppNut thread starter macrumors newbie

Man you guys are fast....better than going to the Apple store! Thanks alot

6. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

We do what we can for legitimate questions haha.

Only reason to EVER go to the Apple store is for a hardware question. Always come here first, we'll save you a ton of trips im sure :)

7. AppNut thread starter macrumors newbie

Another ?

So my wifes 3GS has crashed to the usb/itunes screen and I have numerously restored but keep getting error after its done saying can't connect to Itunes "network connection error"...and I know my internet is working, any wisdom on this? I tried restoring it in Dfu, but still get the errors, apple guy on the phone said go to store...

8. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Have you ever jailbroken, or used TinyUmbrella on the computer with the iTunes you are using?

9. AppNut thread starter macrumors newbie

Never used Tiny, and I only jailbroke my phone, but not using this PC

10. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Do you get and numbered error code? Like 1011, 1013, 1015? Not those specifically, just any number.

11. AppNut thread starter macrumors newbie

12. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Try DFU mode.

P.S. What firmware are you trying to restore to?

13. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Do you have any active firewalls up on your router? Also, you said it worked with your phone, it's only doing this with your wife's? That's wierd and it leads me to believe that there could be something wrong with the baseband....

14. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

He's already done a DFU restore, and I would like to know about the firmware as well.

15. AppNut thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure on my wifes 3GS but on my 4 I have 4.3.4, I was getting ready to install iOS 5 beta 3 on, but I wanted to see if mine would do a normal restore first....and BAM now I have the same screen as her, with the same "network connection error"....as I speak we are both "Iphoned Out",:eek:

16. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

You know what, if you are using an iTunes 5 beta, and her firmware is OLD, like prior to 4.3 or 4.2, then it may just be the fact that iTunes is too new to restore that old of a software...but again, it would normally tell you that BEFORE the restore started, and not after it was almost complete...this is a wierd problem. I'm trying to research this issue and i'm not finding too much. I wish they would have just given us an error code damnit! haha

17. AppNut thread starter macrumors newbie

Firewall is down on my laptop, Im not sure about Modem or router, I dont know how to access the ones I have now to even check, if there firewalls matter? My old ones I did the 192.168 **** bs and shut them off.

18. AppNut thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't installed the Itunes 5 beta yet.....but that definitely sounds logical about hers though, but my Iphone 4, I backed it up, had 4.3.4 before restore, and the latest version of Itunes.....boggles my mind, I am restoring again and Im gonna paste the exact pop up message.

19. AppNut thread starter macrumors newbie

I was wondering if its possible when I was trying to install 4.3.3 to my i4 when I switched the "hosts" and what not if that was causing the problem, but Im pretty sure I deleted what I entered and put it back to normal so it would contact Apple for updates, but Im not sure. Wouldn't have caused her problem yet cause I hadn't started working on downgrading yet when I went to restore hers.

20. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

That's why I asked whether or not you've used TinyUmbrella or not because it changes your host files.

Make sure the host files on this PC are correct.

21. AppNut thread starter macrumors newbie

I just restored my i4 and even got the "please wait while your phone reboots to factory settings....can add contacts and notes after yada yada" and when it was done my phone powered up to the "connect usb/Itunes" screen and I got this Itunes error "We could not complete your Itunes Store request. Your Network connection was reset. Make sure your network connection is active and try again"....but yet here I am on the internet lol

22. AppNut thread starter macrumors newbie

I deleted the IP's that I added, and saved changes.....? I just went in manually from a youtube video....but never got to restoring the downgrade because of what you had mentioned about the SHSH. The same problem occured even before this with her phone, thats what is flipping my lid lol.

23. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Try uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes? :confused:

24. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

25. AppNut thread starter macrumors newbie

So "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" is the original address I should input