Question on Fusion 7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dcaccount, Sep 4, 2014.

1. dcaccount macrumors regular

Hello,

Has anyone tried Fusion 7? Is it worth upgrading it from 6?

Is there any comparison with Parallels 10?

Thanks,
    Daniele

2. shaunp macrumors 65816

I'm thinking about it because of the ability to logon direct to vCentre and ESXi, and if my memory serves me correctly it can deploy VM's from OVF templates - means lots of appliances can be used such as the openstack appliance, or PHD virtual backup servers.

I will do it eventually I'm just waiting for the first round of bugs to be found, but now I've said that I'm sure I'll put it on one of my machines just to find out what breaks.

3. dcaccount thread starter macrumors regular

Do you think, Fusion 6 will work with Yosemite?

4. ishark macrumors newbie

no

5. chrfr macrumors 603

It does as of now, even though it's not officially supported or optimized.

6. itegypt macrumors 6502

itegypt

upgraded from 6 to 7 can't see that much of a difference IMO

7. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

I just upgraded because of the ability to choose only the integrated graphics chip on my rMBP.

I will say that start up and use of Windows 8.1 is slightly faster, but shutdown is now much longer. The reason it was worth it for me is that it is now more seamless to jump between a retina screen and a non-retina one which helps with a dual monitor setup.

Fusion 6 is fine and supposedly does run on Yosemite, but will no longer be support for any bugs that might occur.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I upgraded, but then I went from 5 to 7. I'm happy with the changes, and for me I'll want Yosemite compatibility.

I think you can skip every other version without missing too much, though you should double check to see if version 6 is compatible with Yosemite.

9. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I sort of upgraded... The last version I used was v2. :eek: I bought v7 yesterday and for the most part, it looks and feels about the same. Though, obviously, there are a lot of under the hood changes that happened over the years.