Question on iLife 11

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rsrchr123, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Rsrchr123 macrumors regular

I'm still fairly new to the Macs and I wondered if iDVD was heretofore part of the iLife suite. I have it on the Mini that I use and I use the program to burn DVD's of all the iMovie projects I make. Someone said that it was not included in the '11 version, so my question is if I install the '11, will it remove it? If it is indeed gone from the new release, I don't understand that. I read some complaints on another tech site about it being gone and I have to agree. I understand the digital concept but I like to have DVD copies of my work. I don't think that is out of line and I don't like being told that I can't do that anymore.

2. aiqw9182 macrumors 65816

iDVD is still included in the iLife '11 disc, it just didn't get an update. So no need to worry.

3. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Nope, iDVD isn't gone...it's still included but they just didn't update it.

4. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

I believe iDVD has been 'upgraded' from 7.0.4 to 7.1. Anyone know why?

5. Rsrchr123 thread starter macrumors regular

Great, that is good to hear. I was afraid w/ the onset of Apple TV that it might have been dropped to prod us along into buying the TV device.

So with that said, did they take anything away that would be enough to give a new buyer pause? I've heard too many stories about things getting yanked when a new update is released.