Question on iMac Dimensions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stownsend3, Jul 12, 2009.

1. stownsend3 macrumors member

I'm considering making a purchase of a refurb 2.93 ghz / 4 GB / 640 GB / GT 120 to supplement my MBA. It was fine, but now with work and things it requires excel w/ vba, so I'm forced to spend some time in XP. Right now I'm using bootcamp, which is OK but I'd like to be able to enable spaces to run a VM in one space and OSX in another. I've used a 20" before, but would like the extra real estate for the photo editing (new hobby).

Exactly how wide is the 24", and how wide does it have to be to be able to use the superdrive. I'm considering adding it with this desk (http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?f=14497&c=1070), but I'm worried it won't be wide enough to fit the 24" in. I've seen a 20" in there, but just not sure.

Any input would be great.. I'm working in a limited apartment space here haha.

2. EmperorDarius macrumors 6502a

Width:
    22.4 inches (56.9 cm)

There's no extra space needed for the SuperDrive (you just put the disk in)

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

24-inch iMac

Height: 20.5 inches (52.0 cm)
    Width: 22.4 inches (56.9 cm)
    Depth: 8.1 inches (20.7 cm)
    Weight: 25.4 pounds (11.5 kg)

You can always turn it a little bit if you have to use superdrive or get an external

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

It looks like you could possibly set it up so that the screen is actually in front of the "risers" on either side of the keyboard tray.