question on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jasony0423, Jun 24, 2009.

1. jasony0423 macrumors newbie

Hi. I'm seriously contemplating getting an iPhone, but I wanted to check here to get some thoughts. I currently have a Blackberry 8330m and its my third BB. Curve, Storm, and now the curve 8330m. I mainly use the phone for personal use, and I've always been happy with my berry, except the storm. Hated that thing. I have several friends who have iphones, all love them, but none can really give me a good oranges to oranges comparison.
    I'm familiar with the bb's limitations. What are the pros and cons of an iphone? I'm leery of the touchscreen, after having the storm. Any advice will be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. actorkid macrumors 6502

do NOT compare the touch screen of the iPhone to the touch screen of the storm. Honestly, our reviews can only do so much. My suggestion is for you to head to an AT&T or Apple store (or Best Buy/Walmart etc.) and just...play with the iPhone for a little while.The on screen keyboard is amazing IMO and I can type much faster on the iPhone now than I ever could with a blackberry. It takes a couple of days to get used to however.

anyways, the storm is CRAP...don't base your views on touch screen phones off of the storm, try out a touch screen phone that does it the right way (iPhone) :)

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd not put the storm in the same category as the iPhone, that's for sure.

Check out the apple.com and see the features also head over to an apple store and play with one.

Some of the pros (not an exhaustive list) are as follows
    1. app store/applications - tons of apps available for very little money and many are free
    2. camera, very good camera
    3. video, can take video
    4. great integration with mobileme
    5. good email client
    6. good web browser
    7. great design and form factor

Cons
    battery life - its probably one of the best in the smart phone category but the 3G radio can drain a battery

That's all the cons I have.

4. cosmaboy macrumors member

You do have to go and try one, but i can honestly say that i do not know of anyone who has converted over to the Iphone that doesnt love it. The touchscreen interface is unlike any other and is super smooth, the sheer fact that is a Ipod, a sat nav, a video / camera (abeit only 3mp, but still takes fantastic photo's) a game's console, a portable media player.... the list goes on....

my collegue had a Storm and it was laughable at how crap the phone was. the bb app store is usuless. He now has a Iphone 3G and loves it.

Go try one, and convert to the best phone currently on the market.

the 3Gs is a great phone and after you've played around with the app store and downloaded a few apps. you'll be well on your way to never looking at another phone again!

Go on get down to the apple store and have a play!

5. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

as with the other people, you cannot compare the touchscreen on an iphone to that on the storm. the touchscreen on the storm moves when you touch it (they call this a feature but I hated it when i tried it), and i felt like i hate to tap more times for it to respond. the touchscreen on an iphone is elegant, the glass is smooth and very responsive, and it supports multi touch.

the app store is a wealth of applications, many of which are free. i have only spent maybe 10 bucks total on apps but it is the free ones that I use every day. and no I dont buy many lite ones so dont worry about that. there are fully featured free apps that I use every day.

iPhone FTW

6. jasony0423 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, thanks for the answers. Looks like I'll have to go to AT&T to check out the phone and go from there.

7. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

that would be best, as others have stated the touchscreen on the Storm is nothing like the touchscreen on the iPhone... CHOOSE WISELY !! lol:p