question on jailbreak apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by MitchG22, Aug 10, 2008.

1. MitchG22 macrumors newbie

if I jailbreak my iPod am I able to get apps for the iPhone on my iPod? I.e: super monkey ball. Thanks.

2. bensternater333 macrumors member

you will be able to do that if u will be on 2.0 or higher
    and u have to go to cracked app websites and ssh into ur ipod to get them for free, or u can buy them from the app store

3. MitchG22 thread starter macrumors newbie

What do you mean 2.0 or higher?

4. windowpain macrumors 6502a

Which ipod do you have?
    You are trying to get iphone apps onto an ipod touch aren't you?

Bensternater33 means "do you have the latest firmware version 2.0 for the ipod touch."

Jailbreaking this firmware will allow you to add other applications to your touch.

5. MitchG22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I have an iPod Touch, but I don't think I have the newest firmware.:(

6. iOrlando macrumors 68000

i dont recommend jailbreaking your ipod. I dont know you, but you do sound somewhat of a newbie..and if you dont know what 2.0 is or those type of things...i wouldnt get the jailbreaking tool. If anything happens to your touch...you wouldnt know how to fix it and you probably would just turn your touch into a stone.

The legal app store is amazing and you wouldnt be diasspointed.

Just plug your touch into your computer with itunes open..it will ask you to upgrade to 2.0 ($9.95). Just say yes and you can start downloading apps.

Just looking out for you.

7. MitchG22 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not a Newbie...I just haven't updated my touch in a while...and jailbreaking isn't that hard, is it?

8. windowpain macrumors 6502a

You don't need to jailbreak to get apps on your ipod touch.

If you update to to firmware 2.0 (or 2.0.1 as it is now) you can access the application store and download many applications/games (both free and paid for) monkey ball is $10 i think..

If you jailbreak it will allow you to do other things such as install non-apple approved apps and also alter the look of your touch, wallpaper, dock etc..

I used the pwn tool, it walks you through it step-by-step.

At the moment there are very few apps/games in the 2.0.(1) jailbreak, If you stick with the firmware you have (i'm assuming 1.4 or 1.5) then there are a lot more to choose from. but not super monkey ball.

To be honest I would just upgrade to the 2.0 firmware and try that out, if it doesn't do everything you want or need than either re-downgrade to a back-up or think about jailbreaking...

9. MitchG22 thread starter macrumors newbie

But if I upgrade to 2.0, won't I have to pay $10 anyways?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I'm just going to do what the guy above me said.

10. iRyann macrumors regular

iRyann

if you don't know what fimrwire your on, your a noobie.
    you should do what i done, do your research first, and then decide if your gonna Jailbreak it.

11. Tejen Naidoo macrumors member

Does anyone know a site to Download apps 4 the 2.0 firmware.besides da app store ,a website oda than appsafari.com.