Question on MacBook Pro shipping

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by digitaldrop, Mar 5, 2012.

1. digitaldrop macrumors newbie

Just a little query here on shipping that I am curious about. I am a U.K. customer ordering from the U.K. site. Checking the tracking number for the MBP I ordered last week I see it has finished processing and shipping from Canada, through the U.S. and Germany. Is it generally standard procedure for a custom MBP to be assembled in Canada or U.S. with a customer in U.K.? Seem's very long winded for them to be shipping some of their MBP from so far away.
    Anyone have any insight here?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you order a standard model or refurb or BTO? If one of the first two, it could ship from one of several locations. All BTO models ship from Shanghai.

3. mickpearcey macrumors member

Mine came from China. Took a day processing, then another day preparing for shipment and then when I checked the next time it had been shipped.

Don't bother trying to track your parcel until they update the site with a UPS tracking code which can then be used on their website.

Overall it took 5 days from order to delivery by UPS.

4. digitaldrop thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I changed upgraded a few of the options from the standard, CPU, RAM etc so I guess it was BTO.
    The tracking history I am talking about it from the UPS website shipping history, I had the code and went on earlier to see when to expect this tomorrow and saw the entire transfer it has taken so far.

5. kywildcats macrumors member

Mine came from China as well

6. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

Yea, my last one I ordered over the phone (one previous to my current one) only had a larger HDD and it came from China, frankly, if you want to put extras in a MBP, do it yourself, the order is quicker, and you save money buying your own HDD and RAM.

If you aren't skilled in pulling bits out and swapping them, most local PC repair places will do it for a small fee... sometimes free if you buy the parts from them.