Question on MBP trackpad

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MaaacX, Jan 6, 2010.

1. MaaacX macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I have a few questions on the MBP touchpad.

Is the touchpad capable of more than what is shown in the video? Can I change what the different gestures does?

For example, minimizing/maximizing a windows with 3 fingers up/down? I have that on my pc and have become dependant on it. I just need a few more features than what is shown in the MBP touchpad video...

Thanks

2. Jborkdugan macrumors newbie

There is no easy way...

Unfortunately all of the trackpad controls can only be set to on/off. I thought apple would be smarter about that.

I'm no hacker/programmer, but I suppose with computers anything is possible, through some complicated program you might be able to assign an applescript, such as minimize, to a trackpad function.

I wouldn't be the person to ask however =)

Cheers

JBD

3. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

There are multiple programs now that let you change/add gestures.
    Multiclutch, better touch tool..... and another one which I can not remember.

4. chill. macrumors 6502

just be aware if you ever want to remove multiclutch to use appcleaner. it left a lot of residual crap on my computer that was spitting out console errors all over the place and had to be manually removed

5. MaaacX thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have a MBP yet...

In the video for the touchpad they showed no gestures for 3 fingers up/down. Would it be possible for me to add minimize/maximize window to these gestures with a third party program? Or can it only change existing gestures?

6. Nuck81 macrumors regular

why would you want to change the Macpro trackpad? After coming from a standard K/m it is a godsend.

I've used it for two months and still haven't made all the available gestures automatic pilot...

7. ae3265 macrumors member

+1 for Better Touch Tool, it's really makes the trackpad completely useful!

8. MaaacX thread starter macrumors newbie

Believe it or not, multi touch trackpad is nothing new...

All synaptics touchpads are multi touch, there are some gestures that I've really gotten used to and couldn't do without which I would like to add to the mac touchpad.

9. XxEjGxX macrumors regular

sadly apple didn't really make them very advanced, software wise... however some smart fellows have made apps like multiclutch and magicprefs that do the job of custom gestures [​IMG]