Question on NFTS paragon

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by JUCJ85, Oct 2, 2015.

1. JUCJ85 macrumors regular

JUCJ85

I have a 2014 MacBook Air, with Yosemite installed, and it keeps asking me to update to NTFS(I think) 14 for free, but if I go to El Capitan, what happens with this? I have a External HDD that I use on my mac and gaming pc, I read or heard that you need to buy a new license for NTFS Paragon to work, is that correct?

2. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

No, 12 worked fine from my perspective, but if they give you 14 for free, take it. They give you one upgrade after the version you buy, but you cannot skip it.

If 12 does not work, it will go read only. I did not think to test it before I upgraded.

3. Aneef macrumors regular

Aneef

I think you should update your Paragon NTFS first and then upgrade to El Capitan. If you upgrade to El Capitan with Paragon NTFS 12 then it would not open in System Pref once you are in El Capitan.

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

As stated, you should take this upgrade first and then upgrade to El Capitan. This version is for El Capitan only.

I have taken it and it works really great.

5. JUCJ85 thread starter macrumors regular

JUCJ85

Thanks everyone, I will do so today then, and then download El Capitan later.

Appreciate the help, :)

6. kvic macrumors newbie

How about older versions of Paragon NTFS? Do they continue to work in El Capitan for people who have upgraded?

I have ver. 10 which lived through all previous OS X upgrades. But I see Paragon NTFS 12 is listed under Not Working in this thread. Also read a few comments for earlier DP here.

7. GrumpyTrucker macrumors 6502a

According to Paragon themselves, 12 doesn't work in El Cap. My uneducated guess is it's related to System Integrity Protection like so many other issues with apps that add functionality to OS X. I had to upgrade today to 14. Already had my free upgrade, so had to pay half price for this update.

8. Muttznuttz macrumors newbie

Muttznuttz

If you decide to do a clean install of El Cap (like me), you can go into your Paragon account online and download the new version 14 whenever you like. If not, like the others say, just do the upgrade to V.14 before you upgrade your OS.

9. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

I didn't do the NTFS upgrade first (frankly, I didn't even think about it) and, after clean install of EC (from Mavericks) and migrating my files and apps from TM backup, I was prompted to do the NTFS update to 14. It seemed as though 12 wouldn't work with EC so I upgraded.