Question on Official Apple iPad Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Cowabunga, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Cowabunga, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011

Cowabunga macrumors member

A guy on the car forum I go on is selling an unopened Apple iPad case for $25 shipped. Seems like a good deal, but is there any way to tell the thing is unopened and new? Are they originally sealed in plastic or anything?

edit: This is for the 1st gen. iPad.

2. brettatk macrumors regular

Do you mean a smart cover? If so then yes, they are sealed.

3. HazChem macrumors regular

The packaging has some adhesive on the plastic wrapping. If someone is careful, they can put it all back together without one being able to tell it was open.

However, even if it's been opened, $25 is a great deal for a case given that it's only been out a week.

4. brettatk macrumors regular

My bad, thought mine was sealed. I haven't really looked at it because I picked it up when I reserved an iPad at Best Buy and it's still in the bag.

5. Cowabunga, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011

Cowabunga thread starter macrumors member

Should have specified, this is for the original iPad not the new one. I just ordered a 1st gen iPad and want to get a case for when it arrives. Is $25 still a good deal? And is still the same case that it's in plastic wrapping even though it's 1st gen?

6. Cowabunga thread starter macrumors member

Ok i ended up picking it up for 25. It came w a towel in the case, is that supposed to be used to clean the iPad screen???