Question on Pages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 3bs, Dec 13, 2011.

1. 3bs, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011

3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I recently bought Pages and I can't figure out how to zoom. When I click on View and then go to Zoom it says to use command + > or < and I try that but when I click command + > nothing happens and when I click command + < I get the General Preferences window. In Word I would just click on the drop down and change the percentage and would zoom in or out. I am running 10.7.2 and using version 4.1 of Pages

Edit: So I realised that I can change the percentage at bottom but still, why don't the shortcuts work?

2. snberk103 macrumors 603

Doesn't help you, but it doesn't work for me either.... I'd never noticed before since I don't use the keyboard shortcut to zoom.

So, my experience doesn't directly help, but it does indicate that this is an Apple issue, not something confined to just your system.

I'm using an up-to-date Pages on 10.6.8, on a MBP. I'll try the zoom thing on my desktop system when I get there.

If you are still under AppleCare, you can call Apple and ask them. You've paid for this warranty support, so you may as well use it. Unfortunately I've just past my AppleCare period.

Luck.

3. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

The exact same thing happens in Keynote :confused:

4. sahnert macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Add the shift key to the combination. To acces > and < the shift key is required, otherwise you are just hitting , and .

Hope that helps!

5. snberk103 macrumors 603

Yep, that works for me.... how about you 3bs? I feel really dumb for not figuring that out, too. I should have known better. :)

Thanks sahnert!

6. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah it works now! Thanks a lot sahnert