Question on PPTX files for iPad and applications for them

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by MUBiomed, May 29, 2010.

1. MUBiomed macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

I am wanting to use my ipad as my main "study tool" rather than carrying a laptop with me. I have been using Good Reader for awhile now and while I really like the app it still doesn't have annotation (hopefully soon) and it has issues with large ppt/pptx files. I also have a lot of ppt/pptx files that have animations that bring in question answers etc... While viewing them on the iPad the answer box that is supposed to come in view when you advance the slide show presentation is already visible. Is there an application that currently shows these files in a true "presentation" nature so that these animation boxes are not always visible (i.e. tap the screen to advance slides and animations) Thanks in advance....

Also any advice on programs better than good reader for these purposes would be great (I don't want to have to convert all my pptx to PDF btw) :D

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Every heard of Keynote? Check it out in the App Store.

3. MUBiomed thread starter macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

Ever heard of being a Noob? You can't import pptx files into keynote for the ipad nor can you export ppt files. This makes the app useless for the purpose I want. I am not necessarily worried with editing the ppt files, just viewing them in a way similar to office 08.

**Just joking on you being a noob, but you should really look into the capabilities of the app before you act so smug. No one wants to be converting files back and forth all day.:apple:

4. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

Documents To Go supports office 2007. iPad version should be out in a netter of days hopefully.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

At least I got you to read the capabilities of the Keynote app. Every single app for the iPad is available on the iTunes app store and nowhere else. Have a question? Read the answer. Not there? It doesn't exist.

6. MUBiomed thread starter macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

Oh yes!! I have been looking for an app to do this and I had NEVER thought to look at Apple's main apps for the iPad (iWork Suite). It seems I am the only one who knew the capabilities of the app that you blindly recommended. I am looking for people who have downloaded and used other apps for this purpose. The app store descriptions are not always very good at describing the nature of the file viewing and videos of the apps in action can be hard to come by. Still, good try at making it sound like you have done something useful in this thread...

@imacdaddy: Thanks for the suggestion for Documents To Go. I will look into it once it is released.