Question on pre-ordering 2 Iphone 4's

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lolvera007, Jun 7, 2010.

1. lolvera007 macrumors newbie

I have two iphone 3g on my account with a FAN discount for my wife and I. We want to pre order the new Iphone 4 on the 15th and would probably opt to get it shipped to our home. Question is, would it be better to do it thru att or apple? We live 4 hours away from the nearest Apple store, and of course, there are multiple att stores nearby. Would att or apple let me buy 2 Iphone 4's and have them shipped to my house? I checked my eligiblilty and the text I got says " As a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2 yr committment and waive the $18 upgrade fee." I ask the ealier question because The Att Preorder page states one iphone per household. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Last year i ordered 2 iphone 3gs's from apple.com, it came on launch day.
    I would go with apple.

3. lolvera007 thread starter macrumors newbie

When you bought the 2 phones, did you have a FAN discount attached to them??? And if Im getting the black and my wife the white one, does apple already preload the phone numbers into each respective device??

4. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

im not sure what the FAN discount is?

Yes apple does pre load the number into each phone.

5. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Yes for the iPhone 3GS, FAN on account and no issues with ordering via Apple.com

FAN = Foundation Account Number that is assigned to an account and means that you get a National Account Discount (NAD) that is available to Corporations, Large groups: Federal, State and local governments, and some Colleges / Universities or other eligible groups.

We don't have any specific details for this year just yet but last year, for iPhone 3GS orders from Apple.com, the IMEI from the iPhone and the ICCI from the SIM were parked on the AT&T line of service.

So worst case, you would be able to complete the activation and the swap SIM cards if you want to change colors. The phone number is tied to the SIM once activation is complete and it moves with the SIM. Just like any other GSM device.

Dave

6. lolvera007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks dave for that info. It makes a lot of sense now after you explained it.

7. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I plan to be ordering 3 upgrades. We have 4 iPhones on our account, but I only plan to upgrade 3 of them.

We will be gone on vacation on the 26th. If they arrive on the 24th, what is entailed to move our plans from our current iPhones to the new iPhone 4's? How long does it take?

/Jim

8. lolvera007 thread starter macrumors newbie

So based on a few posts I read on this forum, Im only going to be able to preorder 1 phone to my residence? or can i preorder my wife's as well? We're both on 3g's and we are both eligible for the 199/299 price.

9. pcorrado macrumors regular

Is there a limit on the amount per residence? I figured I would have to order two phones separately but did think they would have to go to two different residences - especially since they are for two customers!

10. lasuther macrumors 6502a

I prefer dealing with AT&T instead of Apple for issues with the phone account. Apple will just refer you to AT&T.

My wife and I are pre-ordering one iPhone 4 16GB each (I'm getting the white one). I live one mile from the store, so I'll be picking it up on launch day after work. The AT&T rep said I could pick up both phones at the same time, but I think my wife is going to come with me any way.

I have a 550 minute family plan and FAM discount (15%). I'm keeping the unlimited plan ($25.50) and my wife is getting the $15 plan.