Question on Refurbished MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by arice727, Aug 17, 2010.

1. arice727 macrumors newbie

I received my refurbished MacBook from FedEx this afternoon and I have a couple questions:

1. The seal (sticker) on the sleeve was broken. Is this normal?

2. There are a few small scratches on the screen that I probably will never notice when the monitor is on, but I'm wondering if Apple will do anything about this. Should I even bother?

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I my experience (3 different refurbs over a number of years) the seal was not broken. You could try calling AppleCare or taking it to an Apple Store and asking about the scratches.

3. starstruck macrumors newbie

Definitely call and ask about the scratches. I got a refurb MBP and the seal was not broken and there were absolutely no cosmetic defects.

4. kwood72 macrumors newbie

The refurb MacBook I purchased last month was perfect. I would definitely give them a call since you have the same one year warranty and 90 days free phone support as the new products have.

5. arice727 thread starter macrumors newbie

I noticed a few more scratches as well, a couple on the keyboard and one on the top of the case (lid). I'll give Apple a call when I get home from work today.

6. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Anything Refurbished from Apple is always as new and if not better condition then new because of their stringent refurb policy, call them to take it back or get it replaced.

7. arice727 thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: I talked to Apple customer care this afternoon. They agreed to send me a replacement MacBook, but they don't currently have any refurbished models in stock. So, they're sending me a new one. :)