Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arice727

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
I received my refurbished MacBook from FedEx this afternoon and I have a couple questions:

1. The seal (sticker) on the sleeve was broken. Is this normal?

2. There are a few small scratches on the screen that I probably will never notice when the monitor is on, but I'm wondering if Apple will do anything about this. Should I even bother?

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
I my experience (3 different refurbs over a number of years) the seal was not broken. You could try calling AppleCare or taking it to an Apple Store and asking about the scratches.

starstruck

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
Definitely call and ask about the scratches. I got a refurb MBP and the seal was not broken and there were absolutely no cosmetic defects.

kwood72

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
The refurb MacBook I purchased last month was perfect. I would definitely give them a call since you have the same one year warranty and 90 days free phone support as the new products have.

arice727

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
I noticed a few more scratches as well, a couple on the keyboard and one on the top of the case (lid). I'll give Apple a call when I get home from work today.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Anything Refurbished from Apple is always as new and if not better condition then new because of their stringent refurb policy, call them to take it back or get it replaced.

arice727

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
Update: I talked to Apple customer care this afternoon. They agreed to send me a replacement MacBook, but they don't currently have any refurbished models in stock. So, they're sending me a new one. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.