Question on Return Policy for BtS Special

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bennettave, Jun 15, 2011.

1. bennettave macrumors member

I'm tired of waiting for the BtS special. I'd like to know if this would work as an alternative to the wait...

1) Go online today, and order a 27" iMac with SSD + 1GB HDD -- BTO
    2) While I am waiting for my mac, the BtS special will probably launch
    3) Call Apple Care and ask for the rebate/gift card for my order
    4) If they cannot grant the deal on a past order, return my iMac once it arrives to an Apple Store (well within the 14 days) and reorder the same machine online.

Question A: Do you think Apple Care would honor the deal on an order prior to the BtS announcement?

Question B: Do you think I would be charged anything for step 4 if it went that far?

2. tcassio macrumors newbie

The Back to School promo will start sometime this week. They are offering a $100 Itunes gift card, and not an Ipod.

3. rWally macrumors regular

You're within your right to return it for free in the 14 day window. I would assume your phone call would get you the $100 gift card. You may want to mention that you're still within your return window and you'd be willing to go that route if they're not willing to accommodate your request. I can't imagine they'd force you to return it just to get your gift card.

4. claimed4all macrumors 6502

As of right now there is no Back To School Promotion.
    So don't count your chickens before they hatch.

5. bennettave thread starter macrumors member

I agree. That's why I'd like to move on with ordering the computer (maybe tomorrow) and not wait on the BtS offer. However, the 27" SSD BTO computers still take an additional week to ship....so if BtS is going to happen this year, my guess is that the computer will still be inside of 14 days when that happens.

6. rWally macrumors regular