Question On Safari 4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kevin 177, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Kevin 177 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I was wondering whether any of you knew whether it is possible to preset your top sites. I know they are added based on your browsing history but is it possible to preselect them? Any help would be appreciates. Thanks

2. Kevin 177 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I just read that whole page and I dont think it's what I was looking for. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see where it talked about setting your top sites beforehand. I want to be like Screen 1 - Facebook.com, Screen 2 - Macrumors.com, etc. It's annoying because I've used safari for a little while and none of the websites regularly have been appearing. I just want to be able to be on a website and hit "add to top sites" or type in a url to be added to my top sites. Thanks for your help though, maybe I just couldnt find it on that site.

3. highmount macrumors newbie

4. bigmack209 macrumors newbie

bigmack209

[​IMG]

in short, yeah. safari was originally for mac. most say 4 beta is crashy, so you might stick with the final version out there currently until 4 final comes out. but yeah, the beta download is there, just pick whether you're running tiger or leopard, (both mac OS, if you don't know which, click the apple in the upper left, go to about this mac, if it says version 10.4.x it's tiger (where x is a number) and 10.5.x is leopard.)

5. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Safari 4 is fine for me. I haven't had it crash once on me (fingers crossed) and it's been very fast and stable. Other than adding the blue progress bar back with a Terminal hack, I have no complaints.

6. highmount macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes Im new to Mac.
    Mine's version 10.5, so i guess it's running a Leopard OS.
    I think I'll try the Safari 4 browser. Looks really cool.