Question on switching to MAC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Stepbill, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Stepbill macrumors newbie

Stepbill

I am fed up with microsoft and decided to give apple a try. I currently have a PC with an Athlon processor. My case and power supply are great. I was going to order a new motherboard, processor, ram and graphics card from newegg and install them in the existing case. Then install Leopard OS cause I can dual boot with that. My question is will my Linksys wireless router work with the Leopard OS and I also have a bluetooth microsoft keyboard and mouse that I really like. Will that work also? Thanks for the help and advice!!!

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. CJRhoades macrumors 6502

Your linksys router should work fine as long as you have a wireless card installed. Your best bet would to be to buy an airport card if you don't have a wireless card for your box yet.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Installing Leopard on your PC is against the EULA, I recommend Linux.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

No OS X on PC hardware. And another thing, WHY DO ALL OF THESE PEOPLE SPELL Mac WITH ALL CAPS?! Where do you get this idea?! It's enough to drive us all insane!

*slap*

Sorry, it's just... no Mac Pros in so long...

6. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

7. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

This statement is kinda vague and a bit misleading. The question asked was whether his/her router and peripherals would work with Leopard (and they will). I think what you mean to say is that it's not actually legal to install Leopard on non-Apple hardware.

However, if the question is merely "will it work?"
    ... then the answer is yes.