Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hokiepokie07

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
I'm shopping for an external hard drive and a new wireless router. Is the 2TB wireless router/external hard drive worth the money?

I don't remember the last time they updated them, are there any rumors of them receiving an update anytime soon?

----------

I'm shopping for an external hard drive and a new wireless router. Is the 2TB wireless router/external hard drive worth the money?

I don't remember the last time they updated them, are there any rumors of them receiving an update anytime soon?

Also, I recently signed up for Comcast Internet. Does this router support the newest DOCSIS for Comcast Internet?

Thanks!

hokiepokie07

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
I just purchased one and love it. I only use it for time machine for two MBP.

Does anyone know if it is DOCSIS compatible? I just signed up for Comcast Internet and they said I must have a DOCSIS router. Thanks!

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Does anyone know if it is DOCSIS compatible? I just signed up for Comcast Internet and they said I must have a DOCSIS router. Thanks!

The router shouldn't matter. It's the DOCSIS modem that would make the difference. They might have said that though because Motorolla makes a combined cable modem/wireless router now. Time Warner gave me one. I use an APE though and disabled the modem's routing functions.

And OP - They updated them earlier this summer with stronger transmitters. Probably will be a while before the next update.

hokiepokie07

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
The router shouldn't matter. It's the DOCSIS modem that would make the difference. They might have said that though because Motorolla makes a combined cable modem/wireless router now. Time Warner gave me one. I use an APE though and disabled the modem's routing functions.

And OP - They updated them earlier this summer with stronger transmitters. Probably will be a while before the next update.

Thanks! I wasn't sure about the DOCSIS part.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.