Question on traveling from the Caymans

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by glocke12, Sep 25, 2008.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Is anyone familiar with flying out of the caymans?

I have a brother that lives there. For the past couple of years hes been saying he will come for a visit, than at the last minute cancels saying there were problems with the flight...HE even says that booking a flight, except at the last minute is almost impossible. Basically he makes it sound like he is flying out of some remote backwater location...

I smell BS...Can anyone familiar with that part of the world offer some insight?

2. Queso macrumors G4

My guess he's got problems with the IRS and is hiding there for tax reasons.

Sorry to break it to you :)

3. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

It wouldnt surprise me if it was something like that....He promises a visit, than comes up with all these excuses that have to do with the diffuculties of international travel...I work at a large pharma company, and have colleauges from all over the world who travel all the time for personal and business reasons to some pretty remote places..I mean, unless your flying to some really remote area, I just dont see how there can be so many problems

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

5. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

the Caymans are a popular tourist destination, they're a major banking/financial services center, and the standard of living is one of the highest in the region....he should be able to get air transportation out without trouble