Question on wireless charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dcaccount, Oct 10, 2017.

1. dcaccount macrumors regular

Hello,
    I have just bought an iPhone 8 and a Belkin wireless charger.

I left the phone last night on the charger and to my surprise I found it the morning after fully charged BUT pretty warm (is has an Apple silicon case on).

Not only, the led that should be solid upon completion of charging, was still blinking.

I am wondering if this is al normal or if the charger might be defective.

Can you please share your experience?
    Thnaks,
    Daniele

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Unless someone is using the same charger, it’s hard to comment.

3. _Refurbished_ macrumors 68000

_Refurbished_

My 8 is caseless and cool to the touch in the morning on my Plexson charging stand. Try charging without a case tonight, if it’s still warm in the morning, try a different charger.

4. Applefan4515 Suspended

Applefan4515

My 8 plus will get warmer (not hot by any means) while wireless charging. By the time I get up in the morning the phone is fully charged. It’s always room temp when I pick it up. Using a Samsung fast wireless charger.

5. jjayr41 macrumors member

jjayr41

Same here, I use the Samsung Fast charger and it will get warm while charging but not hot. Then when I wake up, its at normal temp.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I bought the Belkin charger from Apple and it has a green light that is constantly on while charging, only turns off when you remove the phone. My phone is always cold or room temp in he morning. Have never felt it even slightly warm. Been using this charge from day one and had worked great!

7. MacintoshDan macrumors 6502

I have the Belkin Boost UP that they sell at apple. I also have the Apple silicone case. No issues, and the phone does get warm sometimes, not hot. I think you have an issue with the phone or charger.

8. Mene macrumors newbie

Mene

Charging in of itself will result in the charger feeling warm to the touch. Occasionally your phone may feel warm too. It's a byproduct.

I've noticed cases make the phone warmer compared to a naked iPhone.

9. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau