Question | Outlook account on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dvir971, Mar 22, 2011.

1. dvir971 macrumors regular

dvir971

I need to clarify this to a friend and I don't really have a outlook account so I need someone to tell me.
    Is there a way to sync an outlook account to an iPad device? Is this the option of adding a "windows exchange" account in the 'mail, contacts and calendar' section in the settings menu?
    And if you do can sync an account in this type, will it sync everything from it (including all the mails, mail contacts and even calendar enteries)?

2. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Outlook is a client, not an account. If you mail server supports IMAP, iThings can connect with it mostly just fine (though deleting could be problematic, my server is not so good about that). If your ISP uses POP, you may be sol (if it is not POP3) or have to use webmail if they provide it.

3. dvir971 thread starter macrumors regular

dvir971

I don't really understand about all that server letters, like I said it's for my friend.... But how I connect this kind of server or account or whatever to the iPad? How I'm doing that?

4. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

I've got my Outlook/Entourage account set up for use on my iPhone and iPad. It updates/syncs my mail, calendar, and contacts across all of my devices. Since I'm at a fairly large university they took the time to publish the settings we need to use. Good luck finding yours.