Question - phone value

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KriStellar26, Dec 5, 2015.

1. KriStellar26 macrumors member

I am just curious what everyone thinks to be the absolute minimum value for an iPhone 6, 64 GB silver with apple care plus good through 9/18/16. It is in brand new condition visually. Brand new accessories from my iPhone 6s box. I am selling on CL. Got a couple emails so far. But they all want to know my "lowest price." I don't want to rip myself off. Just looking for opinions... Thanks in advance!

2. lamborghini392 macrumors member

Don't give them your actual lowest price... because they are most likely going to try and negotiate it. Kinda hard to give you a number without knowing what your listed price is (I would say $375 is the absolute minimum price I would sell that phone for though).

If it were me I'd have listed it at $450 and if they ask for my lowest price I'd tell them to make me an offer, that way you don't accidentally screw yourself over.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

$350 and it will probably sell within hours.

I make it a point when I am selling something to list it fairly (I don't believe in overpricing something just for the dance, I simply don't respond to lowballers).

iPhones run for about 50% of what they retailed for a year prior, though that goes down some for every GB increase. You'll get about 50% of your first $650 and then 30-40% of your additional $100 bumps. This isn't to say it won't sell for more, but it's up to you to decide how much haggling and responding to messages you are willing to deal with.

4. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Whoever gives the first price set the outside limits for price negotiation. Have him make an offer so you know how much he is willing to pay.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Check Swappa going rates.