Question re: Apple Store UK return policy. Swap white for black?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jabberwock1977, Apr 3, 2011.

1. jabberwock1977 macrumors newbie

Hi - anyone any experience of this?

I recently received my white iPad from Argos. I think it looks great but I think I find a black border less distracting when watching films or whatever so I'd like to exchange it for a black one.

Does anyone know if I have any chance of achieving this by booking an appointment at the Regent St shop, bearing in mind it came from Argos and also that it is not faulty in any way?

2. jonnyb macrumors 65816

No. Even when you're returning a faulty product they only exchange like-for-like, and that includes colour variations.

3. jabberwock1977 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I can see that would be the case with faulty products after the 14 day 'change of mind' policy. But within 14 days you can bring anything return anything for refund...then buy another colour. Maybe not if it came from Argos of course!

(superfunk?!)

4. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

I think the Apple 14 day return policy probably only applies to Apple Store purchases. iPad is also exempt from Argos 30 day returns.

5. jonnyb macrumors 65816

Yep! <waves> :)

6. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Return it at Argos if you can? No chance with Apple.

7. jabberwock1977 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks peeps...I'm sure you are right about Apple not exchanging Apple products bought elsewhere (unless faulty, when it's like-for-like), but hoped to be surprised.

Can't exchange with Argos as a) they will not exchange unless faulty due to reasons of personal data security (WTF, I can restore it to factory condition) and b) no stock and off on hols on Wednesday.

Am sure I will get used to white!

8. jonnyb macrumors 65816

Who are you on rllmuk Jabberwock? Couldnt find you. Don't you love forum/parallel universe crossovers?

9. jabberwock1977 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry man.. Most remiss of me not to introduce myself. Occasional poster spacedinvader *waves*. Yes, I think this is my first one!

As you may have worked out I spotted familiarities about parallel light bleed issues and subsequent John Lewis exchanges.

Hang on, just had a thought. Which John Lewis did you manage to buy and exchange from? My wife's iPad (also white 32gb) was from JL and so I could use her receipt if I found a JL with stock of black 32Gb. Have rung Oxford St who say they have had no stock since launch.

10. jonnyb macrumors 65816

The person you spoke to must have been a bit clueless then, as it was indeed the Oxford Street branch. I ordered one online on Friday for pickup yesterday. Got all the way home to see the bleed, and took it all the way back. They'd had some more stock in the meantime and let me buy another one and test it there and then. It had the same problem so that got refunded, too.

While I was being refunded for the second time they ran out of stock again. I'd given up at that point, though, and resolved to just wait and see what my online order brings.

I'm hoping, though in vain I suspect, that my online order which is due for dispatch on April 15 might benefit from some positive change in production values. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.