Question RE: Carbon Copy Cloner

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 370zulu, Nov 7, 2014.

1. 370zulu macrumors member

I recently downloaded the new version of CCC and was using it as a trial since Yosemite's Time Machine is so jacked up. I asked a pre-sales question on their Twitter account and it seems it was not worth a response. I have since given up and moved to something else until I can decide what strategy I need.

What has been your experience with CCC regarding pre-sales and post-sales support?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've never needed any support for CCC, as it's always worked extremely well for me. The few times I did have a question, I quickly found the answer in their own knowledge base.

3. octothorpe8 macrumors 6502

Been using it for years and it's been an amazing tool. I use it every month to make clones of my main and media drives (I keep those clones offsite, in my desk at work). It's always worked perfectly and has saved my @$$ on multiple occasions, as well as making stuff like drive migration much easier and safer.

The newest version has an interface overhaul that really made it a lot simpler to use.

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I have never needed their support either. CCC has always done what it is supposed to do and has never given me any issues. The Knowledge Base is well written and easy to follow. It is extensive enough to answer virtually any question you could possibly have.

Plus there are plenty of intelligent people on these boards that can help beyond that base should it be needed. Good program that I would certainly recommend.

5. jmiddel macrumors member

I've been using CCC often since it came out in '02, not one problem. What is your concern? You cannot go wrong if you want to clone/backup your boot drive to an external. I do recommend turning 'SafetyNet' OFF, that way you get an exact clone of the original. Any questions, ask.

6. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

7. 370zulu thread starter macrumors member

My only comment was geared at pre-sales questions asked on social media. My experience led me to believe that the twitter feed used by Bombich is only a sales tool and does not appear to be used for Q&A.

Regardless, I did end up purchasing it anyway. I agree it works very well for what I use it for. I was not interested in true D2D cloning nor was I interested in scripting my own. This fits my need as a reliable backup client where TM left me feeling very uneasy.