question re iphone 6 and ios 8

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heycal, Sep 21, 2014.

1. heycal macrumors 6502a

Can anyone who has the new iPhone 6 and/or the operating system tell me if it two of the things that bother me about previous iPhones are the same? (I already know it doesn't have a notification light unfortunately…)

1) Is it still impossible to turn off the outgoing text sound? I've been using an iphone for several months now, and I still hate this feature, and still get fooled into thinking the outgoing sound is an incoming text on many occasions. (Yes, I know the sounds are different, but it's still able to fool me momentarily from time to time.)

I hate this sound for practical reasons -- I don't always want to announce to the world around me that I'm sending a text -- and I hate it on principle, not liking unneccessary sounds and lights on electronic devices. (Yes, I know if I take the trouble and remember to switch to vibrate mode it will kill the sound, and I know the reasons why someone MIGHT like this stupid feature, so let's skip those discusssions.)

2) I adjust the time on my alarm often, moving it from 9:00 am to 9:15 or 9:30, etc. On my old android, I simply touched the time itself to make the adjustment. On iPhone, I must first press 'edit', and only then I can adjust the time. This extra unnecessary step drives me nuts, and it's another thing I have not gotten used to yet. I'm still touching the time itself each night and forgetting about the 'edit' step.

Did Apple did get wise and fix these two issues, or same old stuff here?

2. heycal thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. heycal thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

1) I don't think you can without silencing the phone. It's annoying to me too.

2) No, I also wish you could. To me, tapping the time should just bring up the selection wheels to be able to change.

5. heycal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for replying. I was hoping they'd fix these problems in this latest go-around...

6. heycal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Still no go on this? I'm hoping someone figures out to how to kill that sound permanently.

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Still the same.

8. idyll macrumors 6502

There's various alarm apps out there as well that may help with #2

9. heycal thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried a couple on the iphone 4 I'm currently using. They took forever to load and had other issues. But I get a 6, I may look into that again.