Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BENJMNS

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2005
don't ever use the latest office on windows because it will make your mac experience feel like doodoo.

makar1

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2011
If you have access to a computer with an optical drive, you can just rip the disc to an ISO, copy it over with a flash drive, then mount it?
Will be as close as possible to actually having a physical drive for your Air without paying for one

torbjoern

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
The Black Lodge
If you have access to a computer with an optical drive, you can just rip the disc to an ISO, copy it over with a flash drive, then mount it?
Will be as close as possible to actually having a physical drive for your Air without paying for one

You can also use the Remote Disc feature in OSX and "borrow" the optical drive of a computer in the same network as you. Note the following: you can only use it for reading data CDs/DVDs. It doesn't work for music CDs. Or movie DVDs. Nor can you write to any optical media that way.

Last edited:

kamuix

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
california
MS office works fine on my mba. It's currently running office 2011 and when I send the file to my windows laptop to print, format and file is fine. Also my windows laptop is running 2007 of office. The only problem is like what everyone else says, is image format. When you insert the image and have the text wrap around the image, center the image with text, it sorta get's outta whack. Easily fixable though. Overall no issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.