Question RE: Price for used MBA 13"

Glennster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Just got my MB Air 13" in May and on the wknd my car transmission went - not fun.

Anyways, I am going to sell my MB. It is the 2013 version, 13" with 8gb and 512 gb flash memory. On it I have installed Windows 7, Parallels, Office 2007, along with a Samsung cd external drive.

My 2 questions:
1) what would be a good price to sell everything at?
2) can I wipe everything off it but keep Windows 7 and Parallels for the new user?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

Glennster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Canada
I have had a couple ppl wanting the serial number of my machine - I am not too comfortable giving that out. I am sure it is to check the warranty and purchase info. Is there any harm with them having this?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I have had a couple ppl wanting the serial number of my machine - I am not too comfortable giving that out. I am sure it is to check the warranty and purchase info. Is there any harm with them having this?
No, there's no harm in giving it out.

MaxinMusicCity

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
Nashville
Just got my MB Air 13" in May and on the wknd my car transmission went - not fun.

Anyways, I am going to sell my MB. It is the 2013 version, 13" with 8gb and 512 gb flash memory. On it I have installed Windows 7, Parallels, Office 2007, along with a Samsung cd external drive.

My 2 questions:
1) what would be a good price to sell everything at?
2) can I wipe everything off it but keep Windows 7 and Parallels for the new user?

I feel for you. Once had the same experience...except I didn't have ANYTHING to sell off :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.