Question re: rate plans for new iPad (HD or 3)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by koigirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I am considering purchasing a new iPad 3 and letting my husband have my iPad 2 with 3G. I know everyone is expecting the new iPad to offer LTE. Will this involve a more expensive rate plan to use 4G/LTE than the current plans offered for 3G coverage on existing iPads? For example, I pay AT&T $25 for 2GB data for my iPad on a month-by-month basis. I don't always need anything other than wifi but there are times when I do need 3G coverage for traveling. I'm not sure I would want to spend more than what I'm currently spending for iPad data, though, and am uncertain know how the 4G rate plans work for AT&T and Verizon. This could be a deal breaker for me.:(

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Nobody knows until rate plans are announced by the carriers. I don't see it being any cheaper, though.

3. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

If it's LTE that will be another excuse for them to raise the rate.

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Not so sure about rates going up but with LTE you will be burning through the 2 or 3gb plan at an alarming rate!:eek:

5. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

If you're only browsing webpages you won't be going through it any faster than you would with any other type of data connection!

6. deeddawg macrumors 603