Question re upgrade on O2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cosmaboy, Jun 15, 2009.

1. cosmaboy macrumors member

hi,

Quick question, I have a Iphone 3G and obviously want the 3Gs, however my contract doesnt end til December. Bummer!!!

However my GF who's contract has ended on Vodafone is going to buy a 3Gs and move her number to O2 and start a new 18 month Pay Monthly Contract, She is going to give me her Iphone 3Gs and have my 3G, now is this possible? will i be able to use her Iphone 3Gs even though its been registered under her name?

I thought that all of the details of registering etc is held on the sim card and not the phone? Will the unlimited data plan work?

Thanks
    Mat

2. Que macrumors 6502

3. Widgetal macrumors newbie

Don't see why that wouldn't work.

You realise you could pay off your contract if you're that desperate?

4. iSimon macrumors regular

I think that should work just fine - you'll have two iPhone contract SIMs and two iPhones - neither the phones nor the SIMs (or O2) will care which is in which. It's the SIM that is important as far as your number and account are concerned.

5. 0B1 macrumors member

you might have issues with any insurance policies you have for either handset though...

6. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

You should kiss your girlfriend and then probably marry her. She's a keeper.

7. alexboy45 macrumors regular

off the o2 websiteUpgrading to the new iPhone 3G S
    Existing Pay Monthly customers have the following options for upgrading
    to iPhone 3G S:

Option 1 - wait until eligible for an upgrade.
    All O2 Pay Monthly customers are part of O2 Priority List and those paying £35 or more a month, have the opportunity to upgrade early. Customers won't have to see out the full term of their existing contract before being eligible for an upgrade.

All customers continually spending over a minimum of £80.00 a month, receive a 6 month early upgrade
    All customers continually spending over a minimum of £50.00 a month, receive a 3 month early upgrade
    All customers continually spending a minimum of £35.00 a month, receive a 1 month early upgrade
    Terms apply. For more information on O2 Priority List click here.

Existing iPhone customers will, however, enjoy iPhone OS 3.0 software which will be free to download to all iPhone customers from 17 June offering over 100 new features.

For iPhone 3G customers this includes the much anticipated MMS (from 19 June) and also internet tethering (using your iPhone as a modem - also available from 19 June). Find out more.