Question regarding 1 Yr warranty

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by iLoveiTunes, Aug 14, 2011.

1. iLoveiTunes macrumors regular

Hi,
    I thought any new product was eligible for first 90 days telephone support for free. Isn't that the case.

I recently bought a MBA 11/4/128 from amazon (with 20% off promotion) and when I looked up the warranty status here is what is says.

Registered Your registration lets Apple quickly find your product and provide the help you need.
    Telephone Technical Support: Expired You are eligible to purchase telephone technical support from an Apple Advisor.

Contact Apple Support Repairs and Service Coverage: Active
    Your product is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under Apple's Limited Warranty.
    Estimated Expiration Date: August 11, 2012

Eligible for the AppleCare Protection Plan
    Get the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend the technical support and hardware repair coverage to 3 years from your hardware product purchase date.

Any ideas ?:confused:

2. qwerf123 macrumors regular

You are right, you should get 90 days free!

Contact Apple customer relations department about this. They will resolve it!

3. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

That happened to me too last year when I bought my MBA. The warranty period had started 3 months before I even bought my laptop (also from Amazon). Just email AppleCare and let them know (they will need a copy of your order confirmation), and they'll adjust it for you.

4. iLoveiTunes thread starter macrumors regular

thanks

Thank you guys. Much appreciate your prompt feedback:D