Question regarding apps and backups...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaPhatty, Aug 22, 2008.

1. DaPhatty macrumors member

I was one of the lucky few to snag a copy of NetShare before Apple pulled it for good. Trouble is, I downloaded the app directly to my iPhone instead of via my PC. To make matters worse, Apple pulled the app before I got the chance to download the app to my PC.

I'm a little concerned that I stand to lose NetShare during a failed firmware upgrade or worse, a warranty exchange. My question is simple, are my apps a part of the backup process or do I have to find some way of pulling NetShare off my phone manually to create a backup?

2. gsbedi macrumors newbie

You know... I did a full restore and I thought that I had backed up NetShare as well... but I when I went to sync my apps it was strangely missing. It could have been my neglect, or it could have been the devious and sneaky, and all-mighty Steve Jobs. :apple:

3. DaPhatty thread starter macrumors member

4. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Pulling NetShare off your phone?

It should ask you to transfer purchases when you sync your iPhone to your iTunes...

And no, they are not part of the backup (as in the one that takes 26346717 days)...they are part of the sync, so just like music, it asks you if you want to transfer purchases (unless you clicked do not show again and clicked don't transfer purchases before).