Question regarding AT&T service agreement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AnonymousMacs, Oct 31, 2011.

1. AnonymousMacs, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011

AnonymousMacs macrumors newbie

So I recently switched back to AT&T from Sprint due to their abysmal data speeds. (Has Sprint fixed it yet? Just curious since they kept saying they were working on it with Apple.) I've tried looking this up on the AT&T website but couldn't find anything about the reactivation/continuation of pre-existing contracts.

I was only gone for about 11 days before I called up AT&T to have them port my number back over, reactivate my account and continue my contract. The only snag is this: the store associate just started a new account for me. I called up customer service and they assured me that I would have everything back to to the way it was, prior to switching - meaning no termination or activation fees and the same contract end date. Sounds fine, right? Well all except for the data plan. I had unlimited and they said that it would require a "case" to be opened in order to reinstate the unlimited option on my plan. I would be notified via text when the switch was completed. Fine, but it's been several days and they have yet to make the necessary changes to my account and bring back my unlimited data.

So my question is this: if they cannot give me my unlimited data back, am I allowed to cancel without an early termination fee? I've reaffirmed my contract, but they have not honored their end. Several customer service associates assured me that getting my original plan back in its entirety would not be a problem. I cannot stress this point enough.

Thoughts?

2. DroidRules macrumors 65816

My thouts are you should call AT&T and ask them this question. THEY will be best equipped to answer such a specific question as you will probably get many different answers that are all most likely going to be wrong.

3. ggmissmolly macrumors regular

They are pretty clear that changing anything other than the equipment itself will terminate your unlimited data plan. You should have thought about that before trotting off to nirvana. Now you have demonstrated that you are not a loyal customer, but you are whining that they are not a loyal provider.

Nobody really needs an unlimited data plan anyway. It's highly over rated in many minds.

4. ZipZap macrumors 601

There is another thread regarding adding unlimited back. Someone on ebay is doing it for a fee.

5. andyx3x macrumors 65816

No, they probably will not let you have unlimited data back and this is not a valid reason to get out of the ETF.