Question Regarding Building A Website........

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Neverbepeace, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

I am starting a new company and I'm very excited about it.

Quick question though....the site will be conducted where users will be able to upload images to their accounts. Also, there would be a member page. Basically, I'm looking for a software that can manage the user accounts and upload facility.

Not looking to spend a lot of cash. I hope I'm making sense. Thanks

2. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Not sure as I don't know much about web design; but I would've thought that they're gonna tell you that you're going to need to spend a few quid. I thought I'd just use something like a template, or just drag things from dreamweaver onto the page, however simple little site like mine I had to hand code it to get things to work better.
    You're going to be building an advanced dynamic websie that will be far more complex than mine and would've thought you'll need to know what you're doing unless there is great software out there for you- would've thought you'll have to hand-code it though.
    What's your site going to be about?:)

3. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I'd look into various CMS (content management software) setups. Most will have a user management piece and likely have upload facilities.

5. craigsharp macrumors regular

CMS definitely... Try Joomla! or E107... Both are excellent products and free too!!!