Question regarding canceling already shipped order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jschmall, Sep 22, 2016.

1. jschmall macrumors newbie

I preordered 2 phones on 9/9, both have shipped out but will be delayed.

I ordered through apple.com using my AT&T account and using the NEXT upgrade program.

Would I be able to cancel the order, go to an AT&T store and purchase the phones instead, using the NEXT program? Would that screw up the NEXT program?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mxbzz macrumors 6502

So you already got the shipping/tracking information? If so, you're going to have to wait for delivery of your iPhones and return them in store. You can alternatively refuse delivery but this could take longer than going to the store.

3. jschmall thread starter macrumors newbie

And that's what I had assumed. Just wanted to hear from someone else. Thanks.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Once any Apple order prepares for shipment, the order cannot be altered in any way, which includes canceling shipped items.

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

6. callihan_44 macrumors member

I would ship it back as soon as you get it, record the tracking # and wait a day or two then call at&t and see the status of it....ive already been through this myself and the return box was handled by the usps then they handed it off to someone else ( probably fedex) . They told me as soon as it is scanned into their system your account will show the return and reset asap...I think there is a $25 or $35 return fee but returning it to a corporate store is even higher but they handle the situation faster.