question regarding difference in itunes address and credit/debit card billing address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sirslaysalot, Oct 10, 2010.

1. sirslaysalot macrumors member

hey guys,

so i just decided to purchase an application for the first time. using an itunes account back from the second gen ipod touch (surprised it still works)

anyway, back then i signed up using some sort of gift code to avoid putting in a credit/debit card number. and since its in US store and i'm not in the US, i filled in ********* for the address/zip code etc.

now my question is: if i decide to add a credit/debit card to my account to purchase content, will i have any problems ? taking into account that both are the itunes and billing addresses will be different. i would change the itunes account address, but i'm not from the US. and all the content i've downloaded (even those free for a day apps) are registered to this current account.

thanks for any replies

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

I once tried setting up a US iTunes account with a non US credit card and iTunes would not accept it even when I tried to set it up using my PayPal account that used the same card.

3. Nevpaurion macrumors regular

The only problem you could have is if the address you put in for your credit card when filling out the itunes form doesn't match the address you gave those credit card people.

Basically when I got my phone it kept saying my info didn't match up, and seeing as I wasn't thinking about my recent move I was putting in my current address in the itunes form as opposed to the address that my bank had on file for my debit card.

4. sirslaysalot thread starter macrumors member

hmm, that's what i was afraid of. in that case, is there any way to use two accounts simultaneously for a single iphone ? say, one account in singapore for paid content and a USA account for free content ?

i'm not even sure if this is a better solution. is there any major difference between application stores of different regions in the first place ? sorry if its been asked before, but i can't find information about this anywhere!

5. sirslaysalot thread starter macrumors member

6. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

As long as your computer is authorized for both accounts it should not be a problem. My daughter uses her account in Australia as well as my account in New Zealand and has apps from both accounts on her iPhone. She needs to log into each account to get updates but other than that everything works fine.

7. sirslaysalot thread starter macrumors member

thanks! :D

8. sirslaysalot thread starter macrumors member

one more question: is it possible to merge 2 different itunes accounts ? or transfer all purchases/content from one to another. i'll be moving to the US next year, so i'll have a valid US credit card + address. i'd prefer to use a single account for everything, for the sake of convenience.