Question Regarding Final Cut Studio 2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by userblah, Jun 30, 2008.

1. userblah macrumors member

Hi, I am purchasing a third Mac Pro tomorrow. At the same time I am interested in purchasing Final Cut Studio 2.

My question is if I purchase Final Cut Studio 2 will I be able to put in on all 3 machines? Ethically I know I should purchase 3 copies, which I will eventually do to support Apple but my budget right now restricts me from doing this currently. So I was wondering is there any restrictions when installed the software that will prevent me from installing it on all 3 machines at the same time and also using all 3 at the same time?

Thank you,
    Matt

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Since it is professional Apple software, I have reason to assume that it requires a serial number AND checks to make sure you aren't running multiple copies with the same serial. Therefore, the answer is a strong no.

The reason I say this is because I know Mac OS X Server does this, and it is classified as "professional" Apple software.

3. userblah thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that answer. I also found a similar answer elsewhere.

4. MACRUS macrumors member

yes you can

It irritates me when someone who does not know or has no experience on the matter and tries to be the expert. ( I know you are just trying to help) but how can you help if you do not know "I have reason to assume".
    it has happened to me quite a few times where I believe them and at the end I found out that that was not true.

USERBLAH. you can install FCS on as many Macs as you have, but you will not be able to use two or more systems at the same time, in other words no multi user editing until you buy a multiuser license.