Question regarding formatting Mac Pro and bluetooth mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by keithos27, Oct 5, 2010.

1. keithos27 macrumors regular

If I want to format my Mac Pro (6 core 3.33 GHz) and I have an Apple wired keyboard and a bluetooth Magic Mouse will the Setup Assistant be "smart" enough to pair the mouse with the computer or will I be stuck with no mouse during the setup process?

Do I have to run the entire process with a wired mouse?

Thanks,
    Keith

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

It will guide you through the setup process to pair a bt mouse/keyboard. But, if you want to make it easier, I recommend grabbing an old pc keyboard and mouse (if you have them lying around... I always keep a spare keyboard and mouse...) and connecting them. It will make for an easier setup. But, if you do not have any spare USB keyboards and mice, it is still doable to use bluetooth ones.... Just my $0.02 :p

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If the computer doesn't detect a USB mouse it will auto search for a Bluetooth mouse.

Just don't try to use anything released after the disk version you have. In my case, my Magic Trackpad wouldn't detect, but my Magic Mouse works.

4. keithos27 thread starter macrumors regular

thank you.

so magic mouse it is... i will wait to pair the magic trackpad until after software update, etc.

cheers for the quick responses everyone. :)